Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lessons From The Pumpkin Patch

First of all, the pumpkins have arrived and we are open for business.  God has a way of using everyday circumstances to teach me.  We were scheduled for delivery at 9:00am Saturday morning. We spread the word and told everyone we knew.  We found out Friday evening that the pumpkins had been loaded late and they would be in McAlester at 5:00pm.  I got off the phone and proceeded to get in touch with everyone that I thought might be planning on coming.  Friends were sending texts, Mat was emailing, and I worried.  It's what I do.  After telling everyone the pumpkins would be there at 5:00, the semi-truck carrying the pumpkins pulled into town at 3:30.  Once again texts were sent and people started piling in to unload pumpkins.  We were blown away by the number of people that showed up to help!

I am not a patient person.  I worry and fret and accomplish absolutely nothing by doing so.  Often times God speaks to me through Philippians 4:6-7.  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  I cling to that verse. 

Adoption can be hard.  Life can be hard.  But God's Word tells me not to be anxious about anything.  I am overwhelmed by God's unfailing love.  He loves me enough to allow "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding", to guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.  I fully expect that when this month becomes overwhelming and I start to do what I do best, God will whisper ever so softly.

Photobucket

No comments: