Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Complete Surrender

We found out last week there is another family reviewing Isaac's file.  No, they haven't decided to move forward yet, but (and this is a big but) they might. 

I have always worried.  It's what I do.  I worry when I don't have anything to worry about. 

I keep reminding God that Isaac is ours and he doesn't need other families reviewing his file.  This morning God led me to James 4:13-17.  The NIV reads "Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.' 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow.  What is your life?  You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.  15 Instead, you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.'  16 As it is you boast and brag.  All such boasting is evil.  17 Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins."

Ok, that got my attention!

Dear Lord,

I believe you have set us on this path and yet I worry about how you are going to see us through.  I am so sorry!  I do not doubt your power.  Please help me remember that though I am weak, you are strong.  I give my worries and anxieties to you. 

Amen.

  Photobucket

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

This is beautiful, Necia. And a perfect reminder that I totally needed to hear in my life! (Except not about a baby---goodness knows I'm not ready for one of those!) :)

We've got to catch up so you can fill me in on all of this!!

~Tiffany
http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com