Monday, July 9, 2012

Dear Isaac

Dear Isaac,

I found your profile 9 months and 11 days ago.  I knew instantly that you were meant to be mine.  There was no doubt.  Andrew and Olivia had spent the night with Boppa and Moe and I decided to look through profiles.  I remember seeing your picture and thinking how cute you were.  As I read through your profile it was done.  You were my son. 

Your dad had been in the shower during this time.  When he walked into the living room I asked him if he wanted to see a picture of his son.  Of course he thought I meant Andrew.  I showed him your picture and watched for his reaction.  He smiled and said he thought we should do whatever we needed to do to make you part of our family. 

Sweetheart, it has been a long 9 months and 11 days!  I miss you so much.  It amazes me how much I love you.  You might not be here physically, but you are so much a part of our lives.  Moe tells everyone about her new grandson.  Andrew and Olivia are frustrated that you can't come home now.  Andrew asks constantly how long it will be until you are here.  They argue about whose bedroom you will sleep in.  When Olivia says her prayers she thanks God for both of her brothers.  I check my email entirely too often hoping to get a new picture or update on how you're doing.  Sweet boy, you have taken up permanent residence in my heart and until I see you in person that will have to be good enough.

When we committed to bringing you home I had no idea what this journey would entail.  There is still a long road ahead of us and there are so many unknowns.  I trust God to bring you home in His perfect time.  Just know that each of us love you more than words can describe.  Hang tight little one.  We're coming.  I love you!

Love,
Mommy

Photobucket

No comments: